Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory: I tried emailing a video that was 1.4gb and everytime I tried to email it used up my memory, I now have 0 bytes

I have a video on my i-phone that took up 1.4gb of my phone memory , I tried to email it and every time I did it took about 15mins to compress, it wouldn't attach to my other emails except gmail because, I was told, the file is too large. I notice my storage keep reducing every time I tried to send this video. I had 1.6gb of phone memory remaining and after trying to email this video 3 times I had no (0 Bytes) space left. Is there anything I can do to fix this?? Any help given will be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 10:06 AM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2014 6:42 AM in response to lpope1018

Hi lpope1018,

If you are suddenly missing available free space on your iPhone, but this data isn't reflected in any of your apps (say, as a new version of a file in the Camera roll), you may want to try the steps outlined in the following article for a similar issue:

iOS: "Not enough free space" alert when trying to sync

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1503

Regards,

- Brenden

Sep 12, 2014 7:21 AM in response to lpope1018

If you perform a reset (hold down top button and home button together until Apple logo appears), you'll get the space back. All the memory's been used up trying to email a file of 1.4gb, which is roughly the equivalent trying something weighing 3 tons in the regular mail. You'd be better uploading it to a cloud storage source, so that the recipient can download it from there.

Memory: I tried emailing a video that was 1.4gb and everytime I tried to email it used up my memory, I now have 0 bytes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.