Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to authorise my iPod Classic on my new harddrive. All previous hardrives over the years have crashed or been repaired and I never deuathorised the iPod at the time. Can you help me to authorise it please?

I am unable to authorise my iPod Classic on my new hard drive. All previous hard drives have crashed or been repaired and I never deauthorised the iPod at the time. Can you help me to authorise it please?

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 6:18 AM

Hello zoefromoranmore,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

In order to deauthorize devices which you no longer have, you will have to use the deauthorize all command, found in the article below.

Deauthorize all computers

If need to deauthorize your computer but you can't access it, you need to deauthorize all computers. After you authorize 2 computers, you'll have the option to deauthorize all computers for your Apple ID. You can deauthorize all computers once per year.

Why should I deauthorize all of my computers?

To make sure that only you can play your content, or to free up authorizations used by your old computers. Here's when you should deauthorize all computers:

• Your computer doesn't work anymore
  • You sold or gave away a computer and didn't deauthorize it first

What happens when I deauthorize all computers? Will I lose my content?

Just like deauthorizing a single computer, you won't delete anything if you choose to deauthorize all computers. You just won't be able to play content that you bought from iTunes on those computers until you reauthorize them. You need to have the computer to reauthorize it.

How do I deauthorize all of my computers?

Using one of your authorized computers, follow these steps:

1. Open your account in iTunes (you may need to sign in with your Apple ID). Or open iTunes, click Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. Click Deauthorize All.
    User uploaded file
    The Deauthorize All button appears only if you have more than 2 authorized computers. If you don't see the Deauthorize All button, that means you only have one authorized computer.

I deauthorized all of my computers. What should I do now?

Reauthorize each computer that you want to use with iTunes. Go to Store > Authorize this computer and enter your Apple ID and password.

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6283

Take care,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2014 6:18 AM in response to zoefromoranmore

Hello zoefromoranmore,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

In order to deauthorize devices which you no longer have, you will have to use the deauthorize all command, found in the article below.

Deauthorize all computers

If need to deauthorize your computer but you can't access it, you need to deauthorize all computers. After you authorize 2 computers, you'll have the option to deauthorize all computers for your Apple ID. You can deauthorize all computers once per year.

Why should I deauthorize all of my computers?

To make sure that only you can play your content, or to free up authorizations used by your old computers. Here's when you should deauthorize all computers:

• Your computer doesn't work anymore
  • You sold or gave away a computer and didn't deauthorize it first

What happens when I deauthorize all computers? Will I lose my content?

Just like deauthorizing a single computer, you won't delete anything if you choose to deauthorize all computers. You just won't be able to play content that you bought from iTunes on those computers until you reauthorize them. You need to have the computer to reauthorize it.

How do I deauthorize all of my computers?

Using one of your authorized computers, follow these steps:

1. Open your account in iTunes (you may need to sign in with your Apple ID). Or open iTunes, click Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. Click Deauthorize All.
    User uploaded file
    The Deauthorize All button appears only if you have more than 2 authorized computers. If you don't see the Deauthorize All button, that means you only have one authorized computer.

I deauthorized all of my computers. What should I do now?

Reauthorize each computer that you want to use with iTunes. Go to Store > Authorize this computer and enter your Apple ID and password.

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6283

Take care,

Alex H.

I am unable to authorise my iPod Classic on my new harddrive. All previous hardrives over the years have crashed or been repaired and I never deuathorised the iPod at the time. Can you help me to authorise it please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.