Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U Reporting and Authentication

Our institution has a public iTunes site. However, our first issue is that the administrator is unable to see what faculty and staff are creating and hosting on our institution's affiliated Apple iTunes U account. She would like to see how many courses people are creating even if they have not sent it to her to be "published." We have been on the Course Manager and the Site Manager and are not seeing this feature. Also, is there a way to see all courses from all creators at our institution (kind of like moodle or blackboard)?

Second, the faculty and staff are unable to see their traffic, usage stats, etc. for their own courses, unless the administrator makes them public in the iTunes U Catalog and shares the administrator reports. Is there a way for the course owners to see their usage stats and reports? Again, not seeing that on Course Manager or Site Manager.

Third, we can't figure out how to restrict content, or have a public AND a private side, and all the documentation seems to have been removed from the web? Is there the ability to "publish" content so the administrator can see it, but not put it in the public iTunes U Catalog? How do other institutions control what is being maintained on the institution's affiliated account?

Fourth, if the answer is to use our proxy server, how do we go about doing that? Even if it's through the proxy server, our administrator still needs to know who is doing what, which seems to mean the creators would have to send her the link to be published.

Any answers to any parts of any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

iTunes U-OTHER

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 2:49 PM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2014 4:31 PM in response to hamlettr

I'm not a Public Site Manager expert, but I believe the short answer to all of your questions is "no".

As to how other institutions "control" affiliated accounts, it would appear to be based on trust. One easy possibility would be to require teachers to add an administrator as an instructor to every institutional course created. While data couldn't be aggregated like public courses, administrators would have some visibility into the content created.

I recommend that you make your interest known to Apple by filling out the feedback form:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes-u_ios.html

Fill out the form once for each point you cite above. For each submission, assume the reader has no idea what you are talking about and be thorough in your description, including workflows and reference screenshots if applicable. Finally, since only the iOS app offers a feedback form, specifically call out that your suggestions are for Public Site Manager or Course Manager (as appropriate).

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. 😟

iTunes U Reporting and Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.