Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplication of Website when uploading to FTP

I am in desperation mode. The FTP is showing one of the websites in duplicate in the Local Site screen. I have tried countless to eliminate the second one, but to no avail. It is not listed in the Website Documents folder. This has resulted in I am not able to upload pages that have been updated resulting in one of the pages on the website is badly skewed.

I have sought help from the ISP Domain Host and he said I need to check the codes. I plead absolute ignorance as to where do I dig down deep into the FTP [FileZilla] to find out a code that I could access to delete the duplication of the same site.

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 2:38 PM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2014 3:19 PM in response to kananaskis

I am replying to my own message because the one above was sent accidentally before I could add more information. I wanted to include URL for the website which is http://lanark-baldersonpastoralcharge.ca

I also want to include a screen shot of my Website folder. The troublesome site #4 is what duplicates in the FTP program.

I hope this issue can be resolved as it is a very well visited site. I am diligent about keeping it updated. The entire website had to be uploaded because Apple removed the Arial MT and Arial Bold MT. All my pages were skewed as a result. After hours of getting them reinstated with Arial Round Bold MT, iWeb published everything beautifully, but I cannot upload them because duplication of the site has occurred.

HELP!

User uploaded file

Duplication of Website when uploading to FTP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.