Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have a computer on which to convert a digital booklet in iTunes to a useable form for iBooks. Why won't it download using the cloud like all the other media I purchase on my ipad?

I don't have a computer on which to convert a digital booklet in iTunes to a useable form for iBooks. Why won't it download using the cloud like all the other media I purchase on my ipad?

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 12:21 AM

LP content can only be downloaded on a computer's iTunes (or 1st gen Apple TV), you can't download them on an iOS device - and I haven't seen anything that say it will change in iOS 8. If you don't have a computer then at the moment you won't be able to download/view LP content

About LP : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3823

After you buy an album with iTunes LP on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the album's songs will download directly to the device. The iTunes LP will download to iTunes on your computer when you choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2014 12:21 AM in response to Noslob

LP content can only be downloaded on a computer's iTunes (or 1st gen Apple TV), you can't download them on an iOS device - and I haven't seen anything that say it will change in iOS 8. If you don't have a computer then at the moment you won't be able to download/view LP content

About LP : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3823

After you buy an album with iTunes LP on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the album's songs will download directly to the device. The iTunes LP will download to iTunes on your computer when you choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.

Sep 11, 2014 1:07 AM in response to bobseufert

Yes. If you do download that album's booklet on your computer then whether you can open it might depend upon how you/where download it. For me (using a Mac) I can only open it if I download it from the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the store homepage on my Mac's iTunes - if I use the cloud icon to download it (i.e. if you have 'show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases' ticked on the Store tab in Preferences) from my actual Music library then that gives me a corrupt file message if I try to open it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.