Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 unlocked ?

Hello,

I was searching for the price of unlocked iPhone 6 Plus and on the apple website (as of Sept 10, 2014) I only saw: Contract Free T-Mobile from $749. From the apple website on iPhone 5S contract free: I saw 2 options 1) T-Mobile from $549 ships with a T-Mobile SIM 2) SIM-Free from $549 requires a GSM compatible SIM.

So what does this mean for iPhone 6? Does it mean that the 'contract free' phone will be shipped with a T-Mobile SIM installed?

thanks....

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 6:26 PM

20 replies

Sep 11, 2014 12:04 PM in response to horizon2020

No. It means you will have to activate it with T-Mobilie USA, pay for their service for 40 days then request and unlock through them while you are still on their service. So you will need to purchase it, activate it with T-Mobile that same day, book a hotel for 60 days or so, pay to use it, go through the unlock process, then you can use it in Turkey.

Sounds like a pretty expensive iPhone.

Sep 19, 2014 1:51 PM in response to z777

It has been confirmed that the iPhone can be purchased unlocked when you buy the iPhone 6 direct with Apple at full price (not subsidized). There are three iPhone 6 users on MacRumors who swapped their ATT card on a Contract Free (unlocked) T-Mobile and they worked fine, the only report from the users who swapped iPhone 5 SIMM to iPhone 6 slot were that they received a text message from ATT to upgrade the SIM card, but the phone works perfectly unlocked when the T-Mobile phone is purchased at Apple direct.

Oct 15, 2014 12:11 PM in response to Bugarron

I Have iphone 6 64 GB from apple.store.com, it s Tmobile contract free, yes the phone is 100%unlocked from factory, however you have to remove the tmobile SIM card that was inside and replace with your choice carrier sim before activating your phone. Everthing works, Siri, safari, iMessage, LTE, calls, voice, text....fully unlocked. Model A1549. Hope this help, buy straight from Apple.com no others.

iPhone 6 unlocked ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.