Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac running very slowly

Every since I upgraded my OS to 10.9, my performance has been going downhill. Now, even though I have reformatted my hard drive and have not even put any new data on it, it takes 45 minutes to restart and 25 minutes for me to open the window to write this message. Below is my system info. If anyone has any great ideas or reason why my system seems to have slowed down so much it would be greatly appreciated. You can see there is nothing on the hard drive to slow it down.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 1:41 AM

9 replies

Sep 12, 2014 8:17 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have talked to a couple of people who thought it may be the board, it also seemed to be getting quite hot on the top in the back. Perhaps the to issues could be related? It does not seem to be getting hot any longer, just running painfully slow. Hoping for a problem with memory unrelated to the board.

iMac running very slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.