Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make a Numbers table right to left?

Hi,

I am an hebrew user and I need to create a spreadsheet that goes from right to left.
Is that possible?

Thank you,
Ita

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 5:10 AM

16 replies

Sep 11, 2014 6:43 AM in response to italoewe

Hi italoewe,

You can set your columns to be whatever you want. If you want totals on the left side this is not hard to do. You can make your spreadsheet look how you want it to look. What are your concerns?

Navigation- the return key will still send you to the cell below, you can select the cell to the left with the arrow key. Add a column "before" to add a new column on the left. If you want to add many columns to the left it may be more awkward than dragging the "=" at the right of the columns but certainly do-able.

Column "A" will still be the left most column. If you want to use a form on iOS it will read column A first. When you choose a range it will appear in the formula as going from the upper left to the lower right- this will not affect functionality.

I really don't see a difficulty on a Mac.

quinn

Sep 11, 2014 7:13 AM in response to italoewe

Hi Ita,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I think you want a "mirror image" (right to left) of a Numbers table. But we work with what we have. Numbers does not consider one column as more "important" than any other column. (The exception is Header Columns on the left, but I often wish for Header Columns on the right 🙂).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ian.

Dec 9, 2016 8:07 AM in response to Yellowbox

Yellowbox wrote:

Short answer: No, not in Numbers for Mac in any version of Numbers

Hi Ian,

This is possible in a table in Pages, where one can do the same kind of calculations as in Numbers. (I pasted this Hebrew in, but I do see RTL languages appear to enter correctly in a cell in Numbers or Pages, but the table itself can only be changed to RTL in Pages.).

User uploaded file

But as you say apparently no way in Numbers 4.

... I'm relieved in a way, because if right-to-left tables were introduced in Numbers then the next thing you know someone in Australia or some other place might be insisting on bottom-to-top or something like that; life is already so complicated!🙂

SG

Can I make a Numbers table right to left?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.