Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete the u2 album?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 5:02 AM

22 replies

Sep 11, 2014 6:04 AM in response to bench33

I did this on my iphone but I guess its the same settings?, Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Under "Show All," turn Music off. This removed all but 2 of the songs for me which is better than nothing.

Apparently, You can't delete it entirely since you own it - it's a free gift from Apple.

Sep 11, 2014 6:40 AM in response to bench33

bench33 wrote:

Thanks. That seems to be the only option. I've seen a few suggestions that it will not show up in about a month or so. Fingers crossed for that. Really, really unimpressed with apple about this.

I guess you could file a class action lawsuit against Apple for negligently giving something away for free.

Sep 11, 2014 12:15 PM in response to CeyB

But that means that I have to hide EVERYTHING in my cloud.

I did not want this, I do not want this, I want to clear it out of my iTunes across all of my devices. Right now it's taking up space in my "Recently Added" folder when- get this- I DIDN'T RECENTLY ADD IT- and if I'd been given the CHOICE, I'd have refused it.

It was imposed on me. I don't care that it's free. I bought these consumer products to use as I see fit.

It's like if my clothes dryer decided to add polka-dot undershirts to my load of wash. Totally inappropriate intrusion by manufacturer into post-sale use of consumer item.

Sep 12, 2014 1:03 AM in response to léonie

@leonie

why? You need an iTunes account to download something from iTunes. And at the keynote Tim Cook said that everybody with an iTunes account will get this "gift".

The reason behind adding at the every iTunes account without permission is that they wan't do achieve the biggest cd release in history - and therefore they need every iTunes account. This is cheating and abusing our thrust.

Sep 12, 2014 1:21 AM in response to Hanterdro

I trust, you told Apple that. Did Apple Support remove the purchase for you?

why? You need an iTunes account to download something from iTunes. And at the keynote Tim Cook said that everybody with an iTunes account will get this "gift".

But you need an account that was active before the event. If you create one now, just to get the gift, it would not help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.