Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon won't unlock my iphone 4s

I called the global support number, was on hold for about 40 minutes and got transferred twice. The guy I got on the phone hemmed and hawed and said he had to research information on Verizon's unlock policies and how to unlock a phone, and then said various things such as 1) there was no such thing as an unlock code that Verizon could give me 2) that the phone was already unlocked for use internationally and 3) that I should go to YouTube for information on how to unlock my own phone.

Is any of this correct?

We went around and around and this guy was stammering and interrupting me and basically it sounded like he had been instructed to stonewall me and do everything possible to prevent me from unlocking my phone. Which worked. I got frustrated and finally just hung up on him. I had asked to speak to his supervisor and he put me on hold and then came back and said I could wait to talk to his supervisor but HE had talked to his supervisor, and then he would have to transfer me to someone else to unlock the phone for international use. ***?

I want to unlock my phone so I can sell it for more $$ on eBay. I don't care if, when unlocked, it cannot be used in the US on another carrier. I just want to be able to say in my eBay listing that the phone has been unlocked by Verizon after purchase/contract fulfillment.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 10:16 AM

12 replies

Verizon won't unlock my iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.