Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i stop email notifications letting me know that "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser"?

Can i stop email notifications letting me know that "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser?

This wasn't happening in the past.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 8:36 PM

No. This is for your protection and security.

Cheers,

GB

38 replies

Sep 12, 2014 1:45 AM in response to wrubels

As a new security measure Apple are sending emails whenever you (or anyone) signs into your iCloud account. They come from noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com and take this form:

............Dear Roger Wilmut,
Your Apple ID (XXXXXXXXXXXXX) was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.
Date and Time: September 7, 2014, 4:13 AM PDT
If you recently signed in to iCloud.com, you can disregard this email.
If you have not signed in to iCloud.com recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, you should reset your password at My Apple ID.
Apple Support

Note that they address you by name, and that the links (which you can check in Mail by hovering the mouse over them) are to the legitimate sites. Fake emails usually don't address you by name, and more particularly the 'reset' links are to obviously non-Apple addresses. In any event you should as a matter of course go to appleid.apple.com by entering it in a browser, not following links in emails. However as long as the emails look like the example here they are legitimate. Whether they are indeed a useful security facility is open to some argument.

You can't actually stop them. If they are coming to your iCloud address you could go to the iCloud website, go to the Mail page, click on the cogwheel icon at bottom left, choose 'Rules' and set up a Rule to move all messages from noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com to another folder you previously created, or the Trash. If they are coming to a non-Apple address you can do the same thing in the Mail app on your Mac (presumably also on mobile devices though I don't know about that).

Sep 14, 2014 3:34 PM in response to wrubels

What do you mean you would "expect better from Apple"? Why is this a big problem? And why would you object to a simple email that alerts you to a sign-in to your iCloud account. Just delete it....

Would you prefer that Apple ignore the security issue and not protect you from potential hacking by alerting you each time a logon has occurred?

I don't get it....

GB

Sep 15, 2014 7:42 PM in response to wrubels

Let`be honest.
This all is about that celebs hack and to not lose reputation Apple made this "hotfix" with emails.

No one wants to recieve these annoying messages because it`s like a spam.

And also not everyone can configure filters on his devices.

So i hope that there will be a new, smarter fix or just an option to disable email notifications.

Oct 3, 2014 7:16 PM in response to wrubels

Hi,

You will receive this message any time someone uses your username and password to access Find My iPhone or when they log into icloud from a browser or other iOS device. If you DID NOT log into these services at the times indicated in the e-mail you may want to change your password as it could mean that someone knows your account details and is logging in without you knowing. This feature can not be turned off at this time and was enabled as a security precaution after the nude celebrity photo fiasco. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications in your e-mail; the only current way of getting rid of them is to create a rule in your e-mail program to send the apple e-mail to spam or trash as soon as it's received in your inbox.

Oct 20, 2014 8:46 AM in response to wrubels

Apparently there is no way to shut this off, but the work-around is to create a SPAM filter in your Apple email that specifically looks for the email subject (or a portion of it) and automatically deletes it.

As for the comments that suggest this isn't a major annoyance: I get 300 emails a day and log into my iCloud account a half dozen times a day, so I really don't have time to look at 6 of these alerts from Apple every day. It just adds to the clutter. Fortunately I have two levels of SPAM filters that get rid of 99% of the junk mail.

Can i stop email notifications letting me know that "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.