Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Several Problems using email

OK, I have problems using the email both via the web and via my email client software.

iMac running Mac OS 10.7.5; Firefox web browser, Thunderbird email client.

First the web problems. I can save a draft message, but when I return to finish and send it, I can't either edit the draft nor send the draft. If I highlight a word in the draft and try to delete it, the entire draft is moved to the trash.

Now the email client software problems. I've set the client up using the server settings from Apple's KB article iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients However, iCloud rejects them as being invalid plus I'm told my password is wrong (the same password that works fine logging in via a web browser). Additionally, the Apple KB article says to use iCloud Preferences in Mac OS 10.7.4 and later but there isn't any place there that addresses the server settings.

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 12:34 PM

10 replies

Several Problems using email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.