Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded to itunes 11.4 and now it crashes on every sync

I upgraded to itunes 11.4 (Win 7 64Bit), now every time I try to sync my iphone itunes crashes when syncing apps. Before it comes to syncing the apps everythings works fine. Calendar, contacts etc are being synced. I already de- and reinstalled everything as stated here but no luck. Only thing that happened is that now I don't have ANY apps on my phone. It's totally blank, except the original apps like mail etc. I also reinstalled the Microsoft C++ redistributable as advised in other posts. Nothing seems to work.

The reported Error is

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: BEX

Anwendungsname: iTunes.exe

Anwendungsversion: 11.4.0.18

Anwendungszeitstempel: 54045c47

Fehlermodulname: MSVCR100.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 10.0.40219.325

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4df2be1e

Ausnahmeoffset: 0008af3e

Ausnahmecode: c0000417

Ausnahmedaten: 00000000

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 29a8

Zusatzinformation 2: 29a844166161a82629a768ba0d62c179

Zusatzinformation 3: 0111

Zusatzinformation 4: 0111d713571668ef9ce518da63405751

Does anyone know how ti fix this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2, Win 7 x64

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 11:11 AM

59 replies

Sep 13, 2014 9:43 PM in response to Wes Dixon

This happening to me now as well. Bought new iPad Mini, worked fine with ITunes 11.3. needed to rebuild as I was having trouble syncing photo's.

Decided to see if upgrade to iTuness 11.4 would help, now I have 143 apps that cannot be synced and the same error occurs when I try to sync my photo library.

iPad Mini 2 - iOS 7.1.2 Win 7 Ultimate x64

Sep 13, 2014 9:44 PM in response to Wes Dixon

This happening to me now as well. Bought new iPad Mini, worked fine with ITunes 11.3. needed to rebuild as I was having trouble syncing photo's.

Decided to see if upgrade to iTuness 11.4 would help, now I have 143 apps that cannot be synced and the same error occurs when I try to sync my photo library.

iPad Mini 2 - iOS 7.1.2 Win 7 Ultimate x64

Sep 14, 2014 1:10 AM in response to superdupermb

Hi guys,

I was also having this problem with iTunes crashing on syncing of the apps in 11.4 on two Windows computers with two phones and two cables - definitely some sort of bug Apple!!

Anyhow I found the fix was that I store apps etc on a network drive - when I copied these to my local C:\ drive, the syncing process was fine! So if any of you store your apps etc on a central server/file storage device/other PC, move them to your local disc and re-add to iTunes (after deleting your library). 🙂

Thanks,

Tom.

Sep 14, 2014 4:11 AM in response to tomstanley91

Sorry, but this is NOT an acceptable solution.

It should not matter to Apple where we store the iTunes library file. This should be controlled (and is a preference configuration) by the preference settings. That is what preferences are for after all.

The fact that they seem (based on the post by Tom) to have assumed that it is on the c:\ drive is purely sloppy and stupid thinking.

Apple in my experience ignores the reality of the Windows world and where network or external drives are common.

Poor coding on Apples part does not excuse this sort of error.

I work in IT and if a developer under my control made this sort of fundamental error, they would probably be dismissed for stupidity.

Apple needs to fix this with a proper configurable solution NOW

Sep 14, 2014 10:55 AM in response to superdupermb

Had the same problem, latest ITunes 11.4.0.18 on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. ITunes crashed attempting to sync applications to an IPhone 5 with latest IOS. Tried uninstalling ITunes, uninstalling every Apple Application, doing a factory reset on the phone, all to no avail. Read the earlier post on storing the ITunes Media Library on an external Network Attached Device (I have mine stored on a Western Digital MyCloud 3TB device attached to router) and spent hours transferring the Media Library to my C: drive. End result, ITunes managed to sync apps finally - in other words, it worked for me. Don't understand what ITunes did in the latest release to network attached storage other than damage it but, as a last resort, would recommend this and see if it corrects your issue.

Sep 16, 2014 8:33 PM in response to tonyfac

I found a slightly less extreme solution that worked for me.

1. Close iTunes

2. Uninstall iTunes 11.4 (and for safety Apple Application Support, Software Update, Mobile Device & Bonjour)

3. Download 11.3.0.54 (NOT 11.3.1.x this had the same error) from filehippo etc.

4. Re-install

All OK 🙂 and iTunes works fine from my external network file server.

Very happy not to have to copy library to c: or do anything to both iPhone 5 or iPad mini 2. I didn't even clean the registry, so even my iTunes Media folder location was preserved, no rebooting between steps.

Hope that works for someone else.

Now just have to wait for the 54 new items to be Synced ...

Sep 17, 2014 5:54 AM in response to Cartrefconsulting

Filehippo has all previous versions 64-bit http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_64/ or 32-bit http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_32/

I know it was driving me insane, and I'm really worried about what I will have to do when my iPhone 6 arrives, and probably requires 11.4 ....

In hindsight I should have tried mapping my UNC iTunes Media location e.g. \\Computer\Segate\iTunes to a drive letter, but I'm 90% sure that wouldn't have worked.

Let us know if 11.3.0 work for you

Sep 18, 2014 9:00 AM in response to superdupermb

I have the same issue, Windows 7 machine, 64 bit, fully up to date no issues with any drivers,iTunes just crashes, no other application crashes. This isn't a windows problem this is an apple problem and they need to re-issue iTunes so it works. The common denominator here is iTunes, why can't apple just accept responsibility and fix the issue. Spending hundreds on their products to get clunky applications like this is a joke!

upgraded to itunes 11.4 and now it crashes on every sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.