Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are some songs ineligible for iCloud with iTunes Match?

I am using a Samsung Ativ tablet, an iPhone 5s and iTunes Match. Some tracks indicate they are ineligible for iCloud. It seems to be happening more with MP3 files, but has happened with converted wma files. These are all legal copies of the albums and one album downloaded from the same site works and another won't.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 4:52 PM

What is the bit rate and file size of the tracks. How did you convert the wma files? Are they still DRM protected?

Jim

5 replies

Sep 13, 2014 2:21 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for the help. I should have searched before asking the question. I think the problem is the low bit rate and size of the files. Apparently iTunes Match is not for audiobooks and the like. I wasn't aware of that when I purchased it as 99% of my library are non-music audio files. I was almost OK with that as I though I could put the remaining files I really wanted in a playlist and just sync it, but apparently you can only have iTunes match compatible files or nothing when iTunes match is turned on.

If there is any way to add ineligible files to the iPhone through syncing while leaving iTunes Match on, that would be helpful.

Apr 24, 2015 12:01 PM in response to toddnewtoo

It's very disturbing that Apple can't figure this out. They should understand that there are plenty of things which are not songs per se that people rip from a CD or record themselves which they want to listen to in iTunes. They should be able to do that AND enjoy the benefits of iTunes Match on the remainder of their content. In any case, whether they have iTunes Match or not, ALL their content should be available in iCloud which also doesn't happen when iTunes Match is turned on.

Come on Apple, I know this isn't a bug...but you just haven't thought it through!

HELP HELP HELP!!!

why are some songs ineligible for iCloud with iTunes Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.