Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing contacts

iPod 5gr. iOS 7/1/2. 2007 intel iMac. Mountain Lion. When I make changes on my iPod's contacts, the changes don't appear on my iMac's contacts. I have tried putting tests contacts on both devices. Changes on the iMac appear on the iPod.

5g, refurbished

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 3:47 AM

Do you have iCloud contacts turned on on both devices and are you using the same iCloud ID on both devices?

Are you adding the contacts to the iClould contacts?

5 replies

Sep 22, 2014 8:39 PM in response to lllaass

Do you have iCloud contacts turned on on both devices? Yes. Are you using the same iCloud ID on both devices? Yes. Are you adding the contacts to the iClould contacts? Not sure what you mean here. I just figured if both devices are using the same account and contacts is turned on on the iPod that the syncing would happen automatically.

Mar 30, 2015 7:49 PM in response to SalinaEd

New problem.

When I add a contact to Address Book the new contact appears on my iPod. When I add a contact to my iPod the new contact doesn't appear in Address Book. When I turn off the iCloud group in my iPod's Groups, the missing contacts are listed as gmail contacts. I don't know how this happened and I would like to have new contacts added my iPod to go to iCloud and all the contacts presently in gmail contacts to iCloud.

Syncing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.