Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6th gen ipod nano has white screen and won't go into disc mode

My ipod nano has a white screen - it will play music, and it is recognized by itunes. It won't enter disc mode. I can't seem to find any other helpful steps to follow online other than put it into disc mode and restore it via itunes. When I attempt to put it into disc mode holding power/Vol down together the screen will turn back, but when I then hold down Vol down/Vol up together while the screen is dark it just goes back to white screen. I did plug it into the computer and restore it via itunes, and the screen is still white. Any ideas? Thanks!

iPod nano

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 3:09 PM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2014 7:01 AM in response to LizS5

Hi LizS5,

It sounds as if you have already done much of the troubleshooting suggested in this article, but I would suggest you work through it in order to get your iPod nano back up and running -

iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3474

Specifically -

• Try putting the iPod into disk mode:
    • Reset the device (press the Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the display turns black—about eight seconds).
    • When the display turns black, hold down the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk mode.
  • While the device is in disk mode, sync it to iTunes and try to restore.

And if the issue is not resolved -

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

For information on servicing your iPod, go to the iPod Service FAQ

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

6th gen ipod nano has white screen and won't go into disc mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.