Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - I just lost all my music on my iPad

Hi, before it was doing this so how do I fix my music and my Music on iPad disappears or it's not working right when I press the play button that small red icon to the right side of that song it goes down each song fast and then all the music is not there what do I do now? Also this is in my playlists

But now I have no music on my iPad

on my iPhone it was doing this so how do I fix my music and my Music on iPhone disappears or it's not working right when I press the play button that small red icon to the right side of that song it goes down each song fast and then all the music is not there what do I do now? Also this is in my playlists

So how do I fix this?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2, ipad 4 and iphone 5

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 11:54 AM

Try closing the music app from the recently used apps list, then resetting your iPad. To do this, do the following:

1. Double-tap the home button to bring up the recently used apps list
  2. Locate the music app in the list, then swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it
  3. Tap the home button again
  4. Hold the power (sleep/wake) and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release and wait for it to restart

Then launch the music app and see if your music appears now.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2014 11:54 AM in response to Sparychess

Try closing the music app from the recently used apps list, then resetting your iPad. To do this, do the following:

1. Double-tap the home button to bring up the recently used apps list
  2. Locate the music app in the list, then swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it
  3. Tap the home button again
  4. Hold the power (sleep/wake) and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release and wait for it to restart

Then launch the music app and see if your music appears now.

Sep 14, 2014 2:28 PM in response to randers4

one other question on the iPad and iPhone in settings and on usage right now on my iPad it is Storage is 3.1 GB Available and 10.2 GB Used Then on my iPhone Storage is 8.2 GB Available and 5.1 GB Used - So my question is how do I free up room to get ready for to download the new iOS 8 this week and also to free up room also do I need to go through my mail and delete what I don't need?

Sep 14, 2014 2:38 PM in response to Sparychess

Your iPhone has enough storage for iOS 8. Your iPad may have enough too so before doing anything you may want to just wait and try to upgrade and see if you get a prompt saying you don't have enough storage. If you don't, if all of your music is in your iTunes library on your computer, one option would be to delete all the music off your iPad, then update it to iOS 8 and sync all your music back to your iPad when it's done. To delete all the music, you would go to Settings>General>Usage, tap on music in the apps list, then tap Edit and tap ➖ next to All Music.

Here's an article about how to prepare for the iOS update: http://osxdaily.com/2014/09/07/prepare-ios-8-update/.

Help - I just lost all my music on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.