Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upload more than 1000 pictures on iCloud even If I have a 200Gb account.

I can't upload more than 1000 pictures on iCloud even If I have a 200Gb account. Any solutions for me ?

Mac mini, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 6:30 PM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2014 11:56 PM in response to Nolimit58

I can't upload more than 1000 pictures on iCloud even If I have a 200Gb account. Any solutions for me ?

Are you asking about Photo Stream?

Photo Stream does not count against your iCloud allowance.

Photo Stream will only store the 1000 photos uploaded, independent of your iCloud account.

See this support document: iCloud: My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits

Sep 14, 2014 9:44 AM in response to Nolimit58

No. The following is from this Apple document: iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

What iCloud backs up

You have important information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iCloud automatically backs up your device over Wi-Fi every day while it’s turned on, locked, and connected to a power source. With your device information backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have.

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and booksYour iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article Which types of items can I buy in my country?.

• Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
  • Device settings
  • App data
  • Home screen and app organization
  • iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
  • Ringtones
  • Visual Voicemail

If you need to backup your photos from your Mac's iPhoto library get an external HD and use Time Machine to do continual backups of your boot drive.

User uploaded file

Sep 14, 2014 10:19 AM in response to Nolimit58

Photo Stream is it the option for me to backup all my photos (around 10,000) on the iCloud and be able to watch it on my Apple devices ?

No, Photo Stream is a means to transfer photos between devices, not to store them or back them up. Photo stream will upload the most recently imported photos to iCloud and you will see them on all your devices and can download them to the device. If the limit of 1000 photos has been reached, they oldest will be replaced by newer photos, also after a month.

Use Time Machine to backup your photos on your mac to an external drive.

Sep 14, 2014 11:14 AM in response to Nolimit58

The new Photos.app will be able to store your photo library in iCloud, yes. But that will not be a backup. That will be the working copy, accessed from all your devices. You will still need a local copy of your photos as a backup. Only a remote copy in the cloud will not be safe, for several reasons:

• Any change you do to your library will be reflected immediately in the cloud. If you mess the library up, the copy in iCloud will have the same issue. You need archival, additional copies.
  • Second, If there are network troubles, you may not be able to access the cloud backup, when you need it most.
  • Restoring a large library from that cloud will take a very long time.
  • Finally, you have no control over Apple's servers.

I can't upload more than 1000 pictures on iCloud even If I have a 200Gb account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.