Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage has stopped working on iPhone

Recently I have noticed that iMessages don't pop up on my iPhone lock screen. I don't know if this is related but I also just bought a Mac and hooked it up to iMesssage. I still receive messages on my iPhone but they don't show on the lock screen and also the app icon doesn't have the red indicator to say a message is waiting. I've tried the usual stuff (log off iMessage etc) but it's still not working.. Is this a know problem? Maybe the iPhone is too old (iPhone 4)...

Cheers.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 8:05 AM

2 replies

Sep 16, 2014 1:37 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the notification setup and it looks good to me. What is strange is that it was all working well until I setup my new mac. Now when someone has sent me a message it doesn't pop up when my screen is locked and there is no little red icon on the message app to tell me there is a message waiting. Only when I open the message app, will I see messages that are unread.

Is this a bug of some kind?

Cheers,

iMessage has stopped working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.