Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just changed my residence to the US and now I cant register my new US credit card on itunes cause the state list doesnt match to the US states, what should I do?

I just changed my residence to the US and now I cant register my new US credit card on itunes cause the state list doesnt match to the US states, what should I do?

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 9:00 AM

7 replies

Sep 14, 2014 9:04 AM in response to Zhuy sanchez

Zhuy sanchez wrote:

???
There are only 50 states in the U.S. and this has not changed since 1959.

Did you change the iTunes store to the U.S.?

See this -> Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account

Sep 14, 2014 7:58 PM in response to Zhuy sanchez

Your credit card info, billing address must be the same country as the iTunes store country you registering.

For example, you can’t have a credit card from a U.S. bank with a U.S. billing address registered in the iTunes store for China.

I tried to change my payment information too, but it happened the same, I can change the information but when I get to the state part, it only shows the other country states

Remove all payment info and save it.

Then change the iTunes store country to U.S., add a U.S. credit card with a U.S. billing address.

As previously suggested, if this does not work, contact iTunes store support.

-> http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.