Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fact Time and iMessage will not work on

Face Time will not verify my emails and phone number on my iMac. Face Time is working on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5. All were working fine up until 2 days ago. I tried to Face Time on my iMac and I had to login and verify. Verify would just spin, spin, spin. iMessage will not work on the iMac as well. Same thing, was working fine up until Face Time quit functioning. All devices have been working on the same router/Wi-Fi. My operating system is Mavericks. Have had no problems until now. HELP!

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 9:21 AM

2 replies

Sep 16, 2014 9:31 AM in response to bowlinggolfer

Hello there, bowlinggolfer.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting issues with FaceTime for Mac:

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4185

This other article includes recommendations for Messages as well:

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3970

Thanks of reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Sep 18, 2014 11:23 AM in response to pedro d

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to help me troubleshoot Face Time. Messages was also not working for me, both apps quit at the same time. I had already tried everything you had forwarded to me and ended up having to call Apple. Apple fixed the problem. Apple said it was on their end. In regards to Messages, my status was "active" however all of my buddies were "offline". I knew this was not the case. I would try to sign in and the login was grayed out. However, if I clicked on a "buddy" name (which was in red) I was asked to login at that drop down menu, which resulted in a "contact Apple with this Code"). I hope this helps anyone else that may encounter this problem! Thanks again for trying, Pedro. I truly appreciate your effort!! 🙂

Fact Time and iMessage will not work on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.