Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete app data from itunes

User uploaded file

I have an 8 GB iPhone 4s and I'm in desperate need of space on my phone for iOS 8. I only have 10 applications in my phone but somehow my apps take up the most space. I've tried deleting apps remotely from my laptop and phone but the green bar in the picture wont change. I know for sure my 10 apps dont take up much space.

my apps are

• instagram
  • one drive
  • period tracker lite
  • pixlr express
  • retrica
  • squaready
  • twitter
  • youtube

also (pre-loaded apps)

Is there any way I can reduce the amount of space my apps take up?

thanks.

ps: is there anyway I can also reduce the space my documents and "other" data take up?

I dont back up my data (etc.) on iCloud by the way.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 10:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2014 8:10 AM in response to bsilang

Hey bsilang,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to free up some space on the iPhone. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Understanding iOS device capacity

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1867

View usage on iOS

Tap Settings > General > Usage to see the amount of space each app and its content takes on your device.

Tap an app for more detailed information about its usage.

Depending on the app, you might be able to delete some of the app's content, or delete the app and its content.

iOS: "Not enough free space" alert when trying to sync

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1503

the Capacity indicator in iTunes may report a large amount of "Other" disk usage for the iOS device. To resolve this issue:

1. Turn off the music or photo sync option in iTunes for the device.
  2. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
  3. Turn the music and photo sync options for the device on again.
  4. Click Apply again to try to sync the device to iTunes.
    If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 5.
  5. Turn off the automatic syncing functions for the iOS device. To do this:
    1. Select the iOS device from the iTunes window and click the Summary tab.
    2. Deselect "Automatically sync when this device is connected" and select the "Sync only checked songs and videos" checkbox.
    3. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
    4. Reduce the amount of data that is being synced to the device and resync the device. For example, if syncing your Music library exceeds the memory capacity of the device, choose "Selected playlists" to transfer rather than "All songs and playlists" under the Music tab in iTunes.
      If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 6.
  6. Restore using iTunes.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

how to delete app data from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.