Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since it's impossible to buy an unlocked iphone 6 in Japan, is it possible to unlock it AFTEr purchase so it can be used in the US or other countries?

Since it's impossible to buy an unlocked iphone 6 in Japan, is it possible to unlock it AFTER purchase so it can be used in the US or other countries?

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 12:17 AM

6 replies

Sep 15, 2014 6:06 AM in response to aklauren

How about a workaround?

I have a second VOIP line attached to my UK phone, it has a US phone number. Any calls to that number ring on my phone so I still receive calls from the US wherever I am, and they are local US calls (to US callers). I would suggest that you use a Japanese phone and a US 2nd number.

I use a service provider called TalkAtOne, (US based) and I am sure that others exist. Their rates are very low and the lines while a bit variable are average to good mostly.

It also runs nicely on an iPad, which I have discovered can become a handy desk speakerphone in a pinch.

Google also offer a free service (Google Voice) but it was absurdly complex to use.

Since it's impossible to buy an unlocked iphone 6 in Japan, is it possible to unlock it AFTEr purchase so it can be used in the US or other countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.