Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Passcode

I forgot the passcode i used to lock my Mac book air using find my iPhone application , can some one help me to recover or to unlock my Mac book.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 3:44 AM

3 replies

Sep 15, 2014 6:19 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks John, the machine is now in service center and the people there are still wondering how can they do it. They told me that the recovery option would not work as the device has been locked by findmyiPhone app , and due to this they wont be able to do that. Can you guide me to how to use OS X Recovery , also the device is new so i haven't created any backup yet neither it has any data. First i was not able to get through the firmware password but now the apple support guys have sorted that but now i am stuck with the passcode.

Sep 15, 2014 7:04 AM in response to maninderfrompune

A Mac that has been locked with a firmware passcode is an additional obstacle to overcome, since it can only be removed by an Apple Store or AASP. Refer to the following:

After they remove it, boot OS X Recovery and erase its internal storage by following these instructions:

OS X Mavericks: Erase and reinstall OS X - Apple Support

It stands to reason the Apple Store would probably do it for you, as part of the above service.

Forgot Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.