Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11.4 won't download new subscribed podcasts. Anyone know how to fix?

I have had some trouble downloading subscribed podcasts probably since 11.3 but now it won't download at all. I have to unsubscribe then resubscribe. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution? Thanks

iPod classic, Windows XP, Dell Inspiron 530

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 7:59 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2014 2:12 PM in response to cmac24

Oh man, am I ever having this problem. iMac running 10.9.4 We can't be alone!!!

I have tons of subscribed podcasts and none are updating since the day I upgraded to iTunes 11.4 (why did I even bother). Many of my podcasts show the "Subscribe" option when I right click on them, but selecting "Subscribe" does nothing - no response. I can't even "Unsubscribe" since it thinks I am not subscribed, but won't let me subscribe and I am not subscribed when I used to be subscribed. How is that for insanity? :-) If I go go the iTunes store, find the podcast and select "Subscribe" nothing. I have only been able to delete the entire podcast and then find it it iTunes and re-subscribe - only then do things work as they should. This is not a good options since some of my podcasts have older episodes no longer on iTunes.

I have been using iTunes since day one. I love it. I have 4000 podcasts and tons of iTunes U content. Sure there have been a few stinkers in updates over the years, but this is awful. Someone needs to be fired and someone else promoted. Why Apple, why can't you test your systems now? Testing and QA are basic IT skills. Then again, I'm sure you are too busy with all your IOS 8 problems to care about iTunes right now. I don't expect this to be fixed for months and wish someone would post clear instructions and files to reinstall 11.3.

Oh, if you want a clear example of a iTunes QA screw up - click on the option under the iTunes menu to "Provide iTunes Feedback" - it goes to a page with a form without a "Submit" button!!!!!! A FORM WITHOUT A SUBMIT BUTTON!!!! You fill it out and then there is nothing you can do with it!!! It also has a pull downs for selecting your iTunes version, but ends at 11.2.1 - it is that out of date. So sad. Here is the page the app itself links to. Hello? Either correct the form or get rid of the link. Then again, this may explain a lack of iTunes feedback! :-)

https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Sep 30, 2014 3:34 PM in response to cmac24

I am unfamiliar with Windows versions of iTunes, but instead of just complaining, I thought I would try and help a fellow upgrade sufferer. This worked for me. I usually view my podcasts in the List view - see the options listed at the top center of your screen - "All Unplayed, My Podcasts, My Stations and List. I selected the view "My Podcasts" which is maddening since it sorts by who knows what, but here is what happened. When clicking on a particular podcast, iTunes listed a yellow highlighted warning that the podcast was "deleted from another device" and gave me the option to "resync" it. I clicked this option and suddenly I was subscribed and able to refresh and get new episodes again. I repeated this process for all 50-75 podcasts and all seem to be functioning.

I have no idea why this happened or why I needed to do this, but it worked for me. I hope it works for you. Perhaps it has something to do with iTunes and iCloud, but who can figure that mess out? There is a reason Steve Jobs screamed at the original MobileMe (later rebranded iCloud) team.

Jul 29, 2015 11:30 AM in response to deke4mama

Hello,

This happened to me in iTunes 12. The list view is now part of "My Podcasts," so I had to go and selected the 'podcasts' view in the top right, rather than 'Episode List.' There was a similar interface where there was a yellow bar at the top of the podcast when I opened it, saying it had been deleted from another device. I had the option to 'delete' or 'restore sync.' Those options weren't super clear, but there's a bit more info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204207

Took me months to figure it out until I found this. Thanks!

Itunes 11.4 won't download new subscribed podcasts. Anyone know how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.