Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message /system/library/extensions/appleusbethernethost.kext was installed improperly. how can i get rid of this message

In the course of an upgrade i received this message. How do I delete it?

The system extension "/system/library/Extensions/appleusbethernethost.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. please try reinstalling it or contact the product vendor for an update.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 8:53 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2014 1:32 AM in response to wlazaandnow

According to a separate post, if you are running on a 32-bit machine the problem is 64-bit files in the 11.4 install.

This post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6527594 contains a solution by CWA2 on how to remove 11.4

It's not that simple and I am still reading thru them myself. There is also a link to download 11.3.1 to help with the rescue on this post:

iTunes 11.4 not showing in Mac App Store Updates Good luck.

Sep 25, 2014 2:18 AM in response to dba2271

There's a simplier fix now.

Follow , 6plus55

Upgraded to iTunes 11.4 and now it won't sync my iPhone 5s-sync button is greyed out.

hey guys just got off the phone and solved my problem. i have a 6+ and my mac is a core duo macbook from 2006 on snow leopard.

this is what i did:

download and install a clean copy of 11.4 (even if its already installed, run the installer again)

click the following link to empty your syncing cache. following the instructions for your operating system

restart itunes and voila!

OS X: Resetting Sync Services

error message /system/library/extensions/appleusbethernethost.kext was installed improperly. how can i get rid of this message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.