Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Open iCloud on My PC

I have downloaded iCloud on my PC (Windows 7), but can't open it. When I enter the username and password I use for iTunes, the iCloud control panel program says I have an Apple account, but it isn't good for iCloud. When I log on to the Apple site, my username and password are OK, but I don't see any options to link my account to the iCloud site.
My wife has an iPad and has connected to iCloud using her username and password. I tried to set up a second username for me, but the program on iPad only seems to support a single user.

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 12:01 PM

13 replies

Sep 15, 2014 3:09 PM in response to eurekarem

If you are getting a message that says you have a valid Apple ID but not an iCloud ID it's because you are trying to create an iCloud account on a PC by signing with your Apple ID. You can only sign into an existing iCloud account on a PC. You first have to create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account using this ID on your PC.

Sep 16, 2014 12:37 PM in response to David785

You can create a new account on her iPad by going to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud and entering a different Apple ID (which will become your new iCloud ID). Don't turn any of the sync settings on in this account; just delete the account and choose Delete from My iPad if prompted. This will remove the new account from her iPad, but it will remain in iCloud. You can then sign in with this ID on the iCloud control panel for Windows and use the new account as your own. Note: you will only be able to create this new account on her iPad if she has not already created the maximum number of accounts on it.

Sep 16, 2014 2:51 PM in response to otxb78

I'm not sure what instructions you're following but if it's this: iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), I believe that was discontinued some time ago. At this point you would either have to delete, then re-purchase the songs with DRM; subscribe to iTunes Match and download the DRM-free version from your Match account; or put the songs in a playlist, burn them to a CD, then re-rip them to your library.

Can't Open iCloud on My PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.