Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exporting footage from Davinci Resolve back into FCP 6

Hello everyone. I just finished doing some color grading my FCP project in DaVinci Resolve 9 lite. Initially I exported my project XML from my FCP timeline then opened it up in DaVinci Resolve. After I finished some basic color grading I saved the project and reopened it on the timeline. The problem I'm having is that when I open it up on FCP it doesn't recognize the color grading adjustments I've made. I exported XML from DaVinci Resolve. Thank you!

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3.2GHz

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 11:34 AM

I don't use DaVinci, so I may be completely wrong, but I would think your workflow would be:

Export an XML from FCP

Open the XML in DaVinci, when the related media mounts, make color corrections

Render and export the color corrected clips, in DaVinci (there by making new files that have the color correction baked into them, with DaVinci using the XML to ensure the new files correspond exactly to the source clips timecode, frame size, frame rate, etc.)

Return to FCP, duplicate your sequence, and then on the sequence copy re-link the files to the color corrected files you just made.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2014 11:34 AM in response to ERV77

I don't use DaVinci, so I may be completely wrong, but I would think your workflow would be:

Export an XML from FCP

Open the XML in DaVinci, when the related media mounts, make color corrections

Render and export the color corrected clips, in DaVinci (there by making new files that have the color correction baked into them, with DaVinci using the XML to ensure the new files correspond exactly to the source clips timecode, frame size, frame rate, etc.)

Return to FCP, duplicate your sequence, and then on the sequence copy re-link the files to the color corrected files you just made.

MtD

Sep 15, 2014 9:09 PM in response to ERV77

Thanks again Meg. As you suggested everything worked. Once I rendered the footage in Resolve I noticed it did render the clips individually as opposed to one project file. So the only thing I have to do is re-link the files to the color corrected files I just made. I'll let you know how it worked. Thanks again for the GREAT! advice.

Erv

exporting footage from Davinci Resolve back into FCP 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.