Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded the wrong version of a movie HD instead of SD, can I return it without having to purchase another copy?

Over the weekend I purchased a movie through iTunes, unfortunately the format I meant to purchase was SD and not HD, Unfortunately I purchased the wrong version, and would like to "return" it if possible. I intend to watch it on a larger screen that doe not support HD formatting.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 11:52 AM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2014 12:22 PM in response to Murphgurl

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209 - "When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page." Other details about which formats are downloaded and when.

To set to download to HD: Preferences > Store > change your preferred HD format to 1080p.

To download as SD uncheck "Download HD when available"

I downloaded the wrong version of a movie HD instead of SD, can I return it without having to purchase another copy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.