Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background to passcode colors

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileHello,

I've always wondered why my ipod 5 is different than everyone else's iphone and ipod 5 products. On a regular ipod or iphone 4 or higher that has ios 7, the passcode numbers reflect the colors of the lockscreen and the bottom of the home screen's buttons reflect the home screen background . Mine on the other hand does something different . for my passcode numbers , it's all one big color that summarizes my lockscreen. For my home screen , all the grouped folders are grey and the bottom of my home screen is grey . Is there anyway that this could get changed and be back to normal ?

THanks !

ps : the first image is my ipod , the second image is a friends ipod.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 8:53 PM

This worked up to the point where you are at the Increase Contrast screen. On that screen be sure "Reduce Transparency" button is not turned on. Go back to passcode screen & you will see that it is no longer gray but is now black background with white numbers which is MUCH easier to read than the gray.

6 replies

Background to passcode colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.