Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod mini won't connect to my computer or iTunes... but it use to

My iPod mini won't connect to my Windows XP computer or show up on iTunes. When I plug the iPod into the computer the lightning symbol appears in the corner to show that it is charging, but no "do not disconnect" message. A month ago and before that the iPod would connect just fine anytime I plugged it in. About 2 weeks ago it started connecting only certain times, then other times it wouldn't connect at all, with no pattern. Starting about last week, it won't connect. I tried resetting it by pressing the Menu button while also holding down the center button, but that did not work either. I went on the support page, but I couldn't find anything about the iPod Mini. If anyone could help me, it would be great! Oh, one more thing, instead of connecting through USB cord, the cord I received with my iPod mini is Firewire. Thanks!

iPod Mini-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 10:56 PM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2014 11:37 AM in response to dgl2014

Hi dgl2014,

If you are having issues connecting your iPod mini to iTunes on your Windows machine, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

If possible, you may also want to test with a USB cable, just to rule out any issues with the Firewire connection.

Regards,

- Brenden

My iPod mini won't connect to my computer or iTunes... but it use to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.