Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

filevault on, master password and 10.6.8

hay everyone!

I did stupid. I am locked out. I change my account password, but it is locked by filevault. Now, I type new password on login, then ask me to type the old password which i do not know. And I am locked out. It tells that the account password and password of filevault are not the same.

I did a test. I open a new account with filevault on. And when I turn it on. I find out that the password which i choose for account was deleted automatic, when i turn on filevault. Now is login password for acconut password from filevalut. Not previous password. So..I think, that I must find filevalut password - which i do not know - and type in box where ask me about old password. Can you help me find out file valut password ?

I delete filevalut login in library/keychain - and nothing. I open several new acconts, also root. But in map Library/keychain acces -> empty!!! I cant delete nothing. Please help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), late 2009

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 3:50 AM

6 replies

filevault on, master password and 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.