Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to move voice memos to a PC from an iPod or iPone without iTunes?

I'm having some trouble with iTunes at the moment, and I know it's possible with pictures and videos, but not sure how it goes with voice memos.

If not, is there any downloadable software I can get to help me move my memos to my computer? My iPod is running out of space is all...

I've tried email but i can only move 8 minutes of a file at a time... and a lot of my memos are more than an hour long, so that would be quite tedious.

Thanks 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 5:29 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2014 11:56 AM in response to Swissy Cheese

Hello Swissy Cheese,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Please see the following information about transferring the voice memos off of your iPod to your computer.

Transferring a recording to a computer

Manually

Voice memos are saved in a Recordings folder on iPod in the WAV file format. If you enable iPod for disk use, you can drag voice memos from the folder to copy them.

Synchronize

If iPod is set to update songs automatically and you record voice memos, the voice memos are automatically downloaded to a playlist in iTunes when you connect iPod. Once downloaded, the voice memos are removed from the Voice Memos folder on your iPod. To play the voice memos that have been synchronized to your computer in iTunes, select the Voice Memos playlist on the left side of the iTunes window. To play the synchronized voice memos on the iPod, select the Voice Memos playlist in the Music menu, not the Voice Memos menu in the Extras menu.

iPod: Recording voice memos

Take care,

Alex H.

Is there a way to move voice memos to a PC from an iPod or iPone without iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.