Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mass copy of artist to album artist?

Is there way way to force iTunes to manually copy the artist name over to the "album artist" section of the ID Tag? I have over 100 GB of music and it will take me FOREVER to do this manually!

MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 20, 2006 3:29 PM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2006 3:33 PM in response to Tim Baker

As far as I would think, Artist and Album Artist are basically the same thing. There isnt a way, that im aware of, to do all of your stuff at once, unless a script could be done to take the value of Artist and send it to Album Artist.
To change multiple items for the same artist, you can select all of the songs by that artist, Get Info and edit the multiple tracks to do it artist by artist.
Hope that helps some.

Sep 25, 2006 9:16 AM in response to Tim Baker

I can feel your pain and there is plenty once the music library starts to bulk up. Now I am sitting at 148.6 GB in iTunes, a site I go to for dozens of scripts is found at:

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

Doug is the guy for scripts, he has a collection to save you from manually doing most everything. Snoop around there for a few minutes, you'll likely find what you are looking for and more. Just don't forget what you originally came in for, easy to get sidetracked.

Cheers, S.

Mass copy of artist to album artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.