Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Late 2011 and Samsung SSD PRO 850 1 TB

Hi,

I’ve got a Macbook Pro Late 2011 (8,2) , Intel I7 2.4 Ghz, 8 GB DD3 with OS X 10.9.4 (13E28) and I need to know if can I put as a primary hard drive one SSD Samsung Pro 850 1TB Model MZ-7KE1T0BW???. I know It’s a very new drive and ins Spain this drive it’s not available until September 22.

Anybody got experience with this drive (or similar) with a MBP 8,2?

I read that this model has two SATA interfaces. The first one (hard drive) works at 6 Gbps but the second one (optical drive) only works at 3 Gbps

I want to replace the fist hard drive (actually a Hitachi 750 Gb HTS727575A9E362) and do a clean install with Yosemite!! 😝

Thanks comunity, regards,

Fredie

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 1:19 PM

5 replies

Oct 27, 2014 12:08 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Hi Ogelthorpe,

Finally I do that, clean install Mavericks and then upgrade. I can wait!! I bought a SSD Samsung Pro 850 1TB Model MZ-7KE1T0BW installed as a primary drive in my MBP and works great. There's only one thing that worry me, TRIM it's not enabled by default. I ask Samsung and they say thats not necessary with this unit. TRIM can be enabled by 3 party software but I prefer wait and see.

Thanks

Fredie

Macbook Pro Late 2011 and Samsung SSD PRO 850 1 TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.