Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming emails to my .me account are not arriving. I can send emails but not receive them.

I use a .me account and have done for a decade or more, originally it was a .mac address..

Suddenly none of my incoming emails are arriving, I can send but not receive.

No message has been sent to me and I don't understand why.

Lost in the clouds?

Mike

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 12:46 PM

22 replies

Sep 16, 2014 2:08 PM in response to Mike Holt

You can't sync your Mac with iCloud unless it's running OS X 10.7.5 or higher. If you can't update to Lion or higher, all you can do is add your iCloud email account using these settings: iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients. You would then have to sync your other data with your Mac using iTunes instead of iCloud, or access it on your Mac from iCloud.com.

Sep 16, 2014 2:27 PM in response to Mike Holt

Go to  > About This Mac and read the Version number under OS X. The system requirements for Lion system are:

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space

Mountain Lion and Mavericks requirements are the same, as listed here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5842. Depending on what you're running now, you may have to purchase a Mac OS X 10.6 DVD from the online Apple Store, then get the 10.6.8 combo installer: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399.) Then you can either download Mavericks from the Mac App Store, or if you can't run Mavericks, your can go here to purchase a redemption code to download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store.

Before upgrading, you may want to check the compatibility of your existing applications by checking here: http://roaringapps.com/apps:table. Also be aware that older PPC programs such as AppleWorks and Office 2004 for Mac will not run on OS X Lion or higher.

Sep 16, 2014 2:35 PM in response to randers4

My computer tells me:

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDr3

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06

SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

Does that help? Do I still have to get the disc?

Sep 16, 2014 2:41 PM in response to randers4

I well remember all the hassles I used to have with Microsoftinthehead operating systems and moved to Mac to avoid them more than a decade ago.

All this hassle seems very reminiscent of those times.

I always understood Mac worked so long as you updated the software as offered from time to time?

Apparently no longer.....................

So, do I have to buy the Mac OS X 10.6 DVD from the online Apple Store?

Incoming emails to my .me account are not arriving. I can send emails but not receive them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.