Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No trusted devices.

When I try to log into my iCloud account from the web, now is required to use the two-step verification process. The problem is that I receive a message telling me I "have no trusted devices listed in my account", so how I supposed to get my pin number if I don't have any device where to receive it!! I don't have my Recovery Key either. This is my 7-year old account and I don't want to lose it just because of this new requirement.

Help.

Posted on Sep 16, 2014 9:00 PM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2014 9:05 PM in response to OsvaL

Do you have an iDevice that a verification code can be sent to (it would need to be signed onto the same iCloud account as the Mac).

You can get a new Recovery Key as follows:

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

If you lose your Recovery Key, you can replace it any time:

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. Select Password and Security.
  4. Under Recovery Key, select Replace Lost Key.

When you create a new key, your old Recovery Key is no longer usable.

When you initially created the 2-Step Verification, it should have had you select a Trusted Device. How did you go about setting it up?

Cheers,

GB

Sep 16, 2014 10:16 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks for your quick answer, actually I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad mini retina both configured with the same Apple ID I use for everything. As a workaround I tried to log out from my iCloud account on my iPad mini and log in again, this time it asked me for the Recovery Key. The worst thing is that it doesn't appear any device in the "listed devices

Now the only devices logged into my iCloud are my iPhone 5s and my MacBook Pro. 😠

P.S. I deleted my email address in the picture for security reasons.

User uploaded file".

No trusted devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.