Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message 'System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost' not able to print anymore

Possibly the source of the error message is: 'AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext' has not been installed properly and cannot be used. on my Mac Book Pro'13 early '11 is http://download1290.mediafire.com/5u5azohfzhgg/zo22n2u2eml78vc/AppleUSBEthernetH ost, http://www.mediafire.com/download/zo22n2u2eml78vc/AppleUSBEthernetHost - I cancelled the download, but I found it in my downloads.

Resulting that I cannot print any more wired and wireless. Please would you help to fix this problem at short term? Thank you.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Parallels 6 (Windows7) installed

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 12:15 PM

Move the file AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext file to the trash and restart the computer.

Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions > AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext.

User uploaded file

2 replies

Sep 18, 2014 9:42 AM in response to dominic23

Hi Domique,

Thank you very much for your answer. Yesterday I moved the file to the Trash and restarted the PC. Afterwards it didn't succeed to print.

Today (at lunchtime) I didn't find the file AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext at all on my PC. I did request a software update, but no updates were available.

I just (at dinertime) solved the wireless printing problem. By adding a new printer (my own printer) and gave it another name (extension of date of today). I did do this also yesterday, but it didn't solve both printing problems at all.

Now I am able to print wireless. I also looked again if the file AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was on the system. Yes! It was at the right place System/library/extensions/. It's an old file of 16.05.2011.

The wired printing possibility is still UNSOLVED. Please would you help me to solve this problem too? Thank you very much in advance!

Error message 'System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost' not able to print anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.