Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundtrack Pro 3, spinning wheel

When i export a single audio file to STPv3 from FCPv7 and try to do anything to it (even select a region) I get the spinning wheel of doom. This render the program entirely un usable and only recently started happening.

Could this be a memory management issue? I have a lot of jpg in the FCP timeline which need slimming down (but FCP not suffering yet) and nothing else loaded in STP. Only 1 sequence active in FCP.

I've done all the usual like rebooting machine and reloading everything. Any pointers gratefully received. I have a deadline and tearing hair out!

Thanks

Andy

MacPro 12-core, Mavericks (10.9.4) FCP 7, STP 3

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), FCP 7, STP 3

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:29 AM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2014 6:29 AM in response to andyalibi

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the above question altho i have new info. (How inefficient Apple!) Please see below.

I am sending/exporting a single audio (dialogue) file to STPv3 from FCPv7 in order to reduce the background/room noise level. I usually do this by selecting a region of pure room noise and using the 'Set noise' function. However although i can happily select a region of audio (dialogue) if i try to select a region of low level 'noise' I get the spinning wheel of doom for a couple of mins.

This renders the program entirely unusable and only recently (randomly?) started happening. I'm not aware of doing anything differently and been using this same set-up for years.

This seems to happen on all my audio files so not just one corrupt file.

However it only happens on the audio from camera A (Canon 7D) and NOT camera B (Canon ***).

No problem with audio from a different source Marantz or Zoom recorders)

If I re-save file (from .stap to .wav) = exactly same problem.

If i compress the whole track to raise entire levels = same problem.

I've done all the usual like rebooting machine and reloading everything.

Im totally foxed and any pointers gratefully received. I have a deadline and tearing hair out!

Thanks

Andy

MacPro 12-core, Mavericks (10.9.4) FCP 7, STP 3

Soundtrack Pro 3, spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.