Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote

My apple tv will not respond to my apple tv remote, I have checked the battery and it is fine, the apple tv responds without issue to the remote application. I have tried unpairing and re-pairing using the menu and rewind buttons, the apple tv does not repond to this action at all, no linking or unlinking chains. Any help on this matter would be very helpful, thank you!

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 9:46 AM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2014 2:22 PM in response to LEL8087

Hi there LEL8087,

I see that you have been attempting to pair your remote with your Apple TV, but may have been misunderstanding the steps for doing so. Here is an article that will explain this process to you:

Apple TV: Pairing and unpairing the Apple Remote

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555

How do I pair my Apple TV with a remote

Use these steps to pair your remote:

• On an aluminum Apple Remote, press and hold the Menu and Right buttons for 6 seconds.
  • On an earlier, white Apple Remote, press and hold the Menu and Next/Fast-forward buttons for 6 seconds.

You can also use these steps:

1. Choose Settings > General > Remotes from the Apple TV main menu.
  2. Choose Pair Apple Remote.

When you’ve successfully paired your Apple Remote, Apple TV displays a chainlink symbol (
User uploaded file
) above an icon of a remote. Once paired, your Apple TV will only accept general use commands from the paired remote. You can also unpair an Apple Remote as described in the next section.

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.