Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wont connect to internet with IOS 8

I've updated my iPhone 5c to IOS 8 and I now can't connect to the internet. I've tried both wifi and 4g on the cellular network but it won't connect on either. Wifi is working as I can connect to my home network and control my SONOS music system, and home network connects my mac to the internet so the router is working.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:00 PM

13 replies

Sep 17, 2014 1:27 PM in response to gazrsvr

I Have exactly the same problem.

WIfi and 4G are both working (I have other devices using both. Many other devices!) but, despite showing as connected, neither will work.

i Just get told I am not connected to the internet.

This had also meant that every time I attempt to put my apple ID/iCloud password in, it fails (presumably because of no connectivity)

iPhone 5 here (not C)

I shall be watching (and googling and checking twitter etc) with interest.

Sep 17, 2014 1:43 PM in response to gazrsvr

I don't know to what degree the problem that i had relates to what others are seeing, but I had to turn WiFi off and back on to get my networking to work right. At first my iPhone 5 with iOS 8 was not using my Airport Express at all. I tried to view my Network with Airport Utility and the App said it couldn't find any Airport Extreme or Express. My WiFi Signal was great when I sat right next to my Airport Extreme but still the iPhone didn't see any Network with Airport Utility. When I cycled my Settings>WiFi "Off" and back "On" the Airport Utility saw the Network correctly. I have to run back upstairs and to the other end of the house to see if the iPhone is now connecting to my furthest Airport Express.

iPhone wont connect to internet with IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.