Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear my recent contacts on iOS 8?

WIth the new iOS 8, how do I clear out the recent contacts history when I double tap the home button?

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:55 PM

I don't know what you mean by clearing the recent contact history when you double-tap the home button...

as before, you can go to Phone > Recents > Edit > Clear and that will take care of it.

76 replies

Sep 17, 2014 4:42 PM in response to C-Burn

I realize that you can turn the list off but that is not really an answer to C-Burn's question. Currently it does not look like there is a way to clear the list from the double-tap screen. As stated above you can hide it from displaying but if it is enabled again the whole thing is still there.

You CAN clear the recent call list from the phone button however that only clears the list on that screen and not the double-tap screen. This means that the recent call list is likely stored in two separate locations in the iOS:

1: The recent calls page of the Phone menu/app (Which can be cleared)

2: The Double-Tap screen (The option to clear is either hidden in another menu or not available in the current version of iOS8... Maybe in an update)

Could someone who works with Apple please let us know if the above is true or if the option is hidden somewhere and, if so, where to find it?

How do I clear my recent contacts on iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.