Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 update resulted in Photo Stream missing

I updated my iPhone 5c to the new iOS 8 software and before the update, I had most of my pictures in my photo stream and only a few in the camera roll. After updating to iOS 8, I found the only about 75% of my camera roll photos were still on my iPhone and my photo stream is completely missing. Did this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how to get that photo stream back?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:20 PM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2014 4:02 AM in response to acaballero17

Yep, this the new "innovation" from Apple. All the recent camera photos and Photo Stream photos are mixed under "Recently Added". Probably the stupidest update ever. The other downside is that you can browse all the photos in your phone only by looking at the "Moments" or "Collections".

If you are missing some Photo Stream photos, just turn Photo Stream off and then back on. This way the photos will populate under "Recently Added".

Sep 18, 2014 9:13 AM in response to JoshBear76

Summary

Photo stream IS "Recently Added" as well as "Recently Taken" combined. If it was taken with this phone, it can be favorited. If not, there's no favorite (heart) icon.

Details

So I have 2 iphones I use, one for work, one personal. I do very little with the work one and never had photo stream turned on but I use the same itunes account for both so I can share itunes match and photos and contacts if/when I chose to.

I was confused about where photo stream went as well.

So prior to turning on photo steam on my work phone, I saw that I had 4 photos (mostly screen shots) on the work phone, under "recently added". I took a picture with the phone to be sure. Yup, it was added to recently added but not "summarized" (not sure why it wasn't summarized but nothing else is on that phone).

I have other settings to "default" including having "summarize photos" turned on.

I then turned on "My Photo Stream" and saw photos start getting added to "Recently Added". The count ended up being around 625 which is huge, but much less than the 1000 on my windows Photo Stream, and less than the 661 or so on my personal phone. Not sure if this is the 30 days limitation on my personal or what the limitation is on my work phone.

FYI, did all this with wifi so the download was moderately fast.

Another thing of note. Photos that were taken with the same phone have the favorite icon (the heart). Photos taken on the other phone do not. So that's how to tell if it's only on the photo stream.

iOS 8 update resulted in Photo Stream missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.