Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream folder disappeared in iOS 8, along with all my photos in that folder. Please help!

Hello,

I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 8. I only had about 20 photos stored on my phone, and about 100 photos in my Photostream. After updating to iOS 8, I cannot find any of these photos that were in my Photostream, and cannot even find that folder on my iPhone.

Were these photos deleted?

Thank you,

Dan

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:33 PM

107 replies

Sep 17, 2014 1:52 PM in response to wright.88

Open the iCloud Control Panel (Windows) or iPhoto (Mac) t get teh photos from My Photo Stream.

Note My Photo Stream photos stay there for only 30 days.

See this -> iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

You should regularly sync photos to your computer and delete them from the Camera Roll.

Copy the photos to your computer

-> iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

and delete them from the Camera Roll.

You can then sync the photos you want on the iPhone back to telephone using iTunes.

-> iTunes: Syncing photos

(Though some of this may change in the very near future with release of iOS 8, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and iCloud upgrades).

Sep 17, 2014 2:18 PM in response to wright.88

I turned off photo stream a while back and turned off all of the iCloud syncing photos stuff. I want the old camera roll album back and the ability to go to it and scroll easily through all of my pictures. Bring back the old one for those of us who don't want to go to a cluttered up map of where the picture was taken and when to see them.

Sep 17, 2014 3:07 PM in response to sabadeau2005

your pictures in photo stream are safe. Well , until apple deletes them. you you just have to use legacy ways to access them. iOS 7 and iphoto can still access photo stream. Pictures thst are still taken are still sent to photo stream, but you can't see them !!! Unless you use legacy apps!

it looks like apple wants you to move to iPhoto cloud linrary which will keep every single picture in icloud. but I think this costs money

THats what hat it looks to me.

Sep 17, 2014 3:09 PM in response to rigormortis

rigormortis wrote:

your pictures in photo stream are safe. Well , until apple deletes them. you you just have to use legacy ways to access them. iOS 7 and iphoto can still access photo stream. Pictures thst are still taken are still sent to photo stream, but you can't see them !!! Unless you use legacy apps!

it looks like apple wants you to move to iPhoto cloud linrary which will keep every single picture in icloud. but I think this costs money

THats what hat it looks to me.

And iCloud Photo Library has been delayed: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/12/apple-demotes-icloud-photo-library-beta/

Photostream folder disappeared in iOS 8, along with all my photos in that folder. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.