Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 8 has broken home sharing from itunes

typical ios upgrade. It frustrates me when they break functionality. Home sharing from my iTunes library to my third gen ipad now broken. Music app loads the blue circle but unable to select any artists, songs, playlists now. All greyed out. Home sharing in the videos app works much better but the music part is not working. dont get me wrong I am all for new features but I detest it when they fail to test and break existing features

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:59 PM

13 replies

Sep 19, 2014 11:45 AM in response to Scottyboy99

I had the same problem. I have multiple Apple IDs, and it turned out that iOS 8 had replaced my Home Sharing account with my iCloud account. Going into Settings -> Videos (or Settings -> Music, changing one automatically changes the other) and logging in to the correct Home Sharing account solved my problem immediately. The Shared option reappeared in the Videos app, and I could watch any of my Movies or TV Shows I wished. In fact, Home Sharing in the Videos app seems to work much better than it did under iOS 7.

Sep 21, 2014 9:00 PM in response to Brian Oak

Hello,

I have been having issues with my two Apple TVs (2nd & 3rd Gen) in conjunction with Home Sharing. I have run through the steps in the Apple Troubleshooting document on Home Sharing:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I've done all the steps twice. I've restored my 2nd Gen AppleTV to no avail. Seems like something related to the latest iOS8 Apple TV because the issues started then. Have you heard anything that has worked to resolve the matter?

Oct 5, 2014 7:07 PM in response to Scottyboy99

Scottyboy99, unless you were one of the lucky few, apple didn't break Home Sharing with ios8... It's BEEN broken. For years! Large or small library's, it doesn't matter. I've been railing at them since ios6 to fix this. I think it's time this 'feature' is just removed completely. Ridiculous! I have always been an apple supporter and enthusiast but they've been dropping the ball in a major way since just before Jobs died.

Ios 8 has broken home sharing from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.