Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app crashing on iPod touch 5th gen upgraded to iOS 8

I've upgraded two different 5th gen iPod touches to iOS 8, and now the music app crashes on both without displaying anything. The app tries to start, but only shows a blank screen without any icons along the bottom. I've tried all combinations of turning "Show All Music" & "iTunes Match" on and off, and also Home Sharing logged in and out. No luck so far. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 2:56 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2014 3:56 PM in response to Jim Long Island

Hello my name is Ashley and I'm going to try and assist you with your iPod touch! First, try restarting your iPod. You can do this by holding the main and top button until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears. This will not erase any memory or harm your iPod in any way. If your information isn't already backed up to your iTunes account, you might want to do so. You can do this by plugging your iPod into your computer through the adapter and sync it with your iTunes. Once your iPod is plugged in and you are logged into your iTunes it will automatically back up all of your information to the computer. If this does not work, please schedule a call with Apple support and they will gladly talk with you directly to help you solve this issue.

Music app crashing on iPod touch 5th gen upgraded to iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.