Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictionaries not accessible after upgrading to iOS 8

Hi,

Since I have updated my iPad to iOS 8, the installed dictionaries are neither accessible nor downloadable. I just see progress circles, but nothing happens.

Other dictionaries, that haven't been installed (with the Cloud symbol), are downloadable and can be deleted.

Has anybody the same issue?

Greetz Radi

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:31 PM

33 replies

Sep 18, 2014 1:07 PM in response to RadicalRadi

I've got the same issue: after updating my iphone 5s and ipad 4gen to ios8 dictionaries became not accessible, but have not disappeared from ibooks completely. No chance to manage or re-download them. Do not work neither with wifi on nor with wifi off. It's very frustrating. "No definition is found" and that's it... Also, some of the dictionaries, like Oxford British and Oxford American, are dupliketed.

Sep 19, 2014 11:56 PM in response to djcarlesimo

After IOS update the dictionaries that have been downloaded previously (e.g. British and German ones) have the same circle allowing no action next to each. No access to them along with a few other ones. Accessible only "newcomers", such as Russian, Korean etc. Actually, it seems like those dictionaries that have already been installed are duplicated. Bug...

Dictionaries not accessible after upgrading to iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.