Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add calendar events ios 8

I just updated to ios 8 and now can't add events to my calender on my phone. If i create an event on my mac, it will sync over icloud and appear on my phone. The red plus sign is not grayed out or anything like nor is there any indication of an error, the event just does not show up. I've turned turning off icloud and that did nothing. I've tried adding events to different calenders also to no avail.

help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Go to the bottom of the calendar screen. Tap "Calendars". Make sure you have the appropriate calendars selected.

22 replies

Sep 17, 2014 4:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

thanks for the response but unfortunately I've tried that, both for the whole calendar and for specific events. its an issue of making changes within the app i think. its like I'm in a 'read only' version on my phone. I can't change the details of existing events. any new event i make or change i do goes through normally but doesn't actually appear.

Sep 23, 2014 1:45 PM in response to Deepakhj

I had the same issue. I tried six times to add an event and nothing happened. Then I tapped "Calendars" at the bottom of page. Selected "Show All Calendars" at the top of the page. Selected "Done". All six attempts to add the event showed on the day I had entered them. Now it is working. Hope this works for you.

Sep 25, 2014 7:53 PM in response to Alloy1

Hi guys,

I had the same problem up to a minute ago.. Then I realised that Apple update must have turned my calendars off.. Go into settings, mail contacts calendars,

then click iCloud and turn your calendars on from there... I hate this update btw. My iphone5 keeps crashing, screen freezes, not enough memory to do update so had to delete loads... All in all a depressing nuisance...

Oct 14, 2014 10:31 AM in response to ydpr

My partner and I are still using our iPhone 4s's and I had no problem with the calendar but he did. We would enter his appointment and then hit add and there was nothing there. I tried every suggestion on here and none of them worked. We finally gave up. He just came back to it and tried again and it works. It's outright bizarre!

I'm very disappointed in Apple with this iOS update. I went with an iPhone a few years ago because Apple is supposed to be so much better than Microsoft and Droid. Prior to that I just saw everything Apple as highly over priced, but when it came time to finally get a "smart" phone, I opted for the Apple. Quite honestly I never regretted it a bit until iOS8. What a friggin' nightmare! All that I can think is "How Microsoft of them to screw this up so badly"! My order for iPhone 6's was just delayed, I'm seriously thinking about canceling the order and getting Droid's instead... Hey Apple, are you listening?

Nov 5, 2014 10:11 PM in response to ydpr

I have encountered this event. However, it just be solved 😀

My Procedures is given as follows:

1. Please go to:
Settings -> Mail, Contracts, Calendar -> iCloud

2. Check Your User Profile on the top page. If it requires Apple-ID password, please put your password on it to activate.

3. Back to the step 1 again or Goto Settings -> Mail, Contracts, Calendar -> iCloud""

4. Turn off "Calendars" and select "Delete all calendar in iPad/iPhone ..." on popup. Please confirm again to delete the old calendar data. Note: Before delete the old format data of calendar event, please BACKUP your event on your note)

5. Turn on "Calendars" again.

6. Now, you can add your calendar again.

PS: Software Update for iOS is fu*king up. I need Steve Job back, not Tim Cook.

I guess that the old calendar data format may not compatible with the new iOS8 with new format calendar.

Nov 12, 2014 8:06 AM in response to jarurote

For me, I am not using iCloud. But when upgrading from iPhone 5 to 6, I could no longer add events to my calendar. I poked around and found that the new phone settings changed the DEFAULT calendar. I could add events on my PC via outlook and they would show up on my phone, but I couldn't add events via my phone. I changed the settings-calendar DEFAULT calendar back to my work calendar and then I could add events on my phone.

Mar 4, 2015 4:59 PM in response to ydpr

I've tried what everyone else has tried. It does not work. I've set it on all calendars, tried individual calendars, icloud calendars. When I add an event it appears and suddenly disappears. Tried it about 10 times now. Does the same thing. Any other solutions I could try? Thanks! Bummer this is happening. I depend on my calendar.

Oh, and this is on iPhone 5 AND my iPad. They are both synced with iCloud. Doesn't show up on my computer either. Tried to add them on each device just to see if it was one of them, but it's all of them meaning it must be the calendar. I just can no longer add events to my calendars.

Mar 4, 2015 5:16 PM in response to pjkinann

I DID have the problem of not being able to add events to my calendars, on ipad or iphone -- they are both synced with icloud. Even though I tried everything everyone else mentioned, it still wouldn't work. I WAS missing one update on my iphone and I had already updated on my ipad. Maybe there was a conflict. So I went ahead and updated my iphone. Nothing worked -- still. But I just kept trying, made sure all calendars were on "icloud" so that it would pick up work and home, and after trying several times, the event finally showed up on both ipad and iphone. Maybe icloud was having an issue syncing. Anyway, problem solved.

Jul 6, 2015 8:30 PM in response to Jamberry99

Jamberry99, I do not use iCloud either and I still can not add an event to my calendar. Did you change your setting from your PC?

I have 4 different of Apple devices and none are connected by iCloud. I never had a problem with Apple before this update. I went from an iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus. I transferred everything by just remembering numbers (not too many I had to remember). All I want to do is add appointments and it does not allow me. I do not use iCloud, nor do I prefer to use it. All I want to do is use my Calander on the expensive phone I bought, SMH. Can someone help me?

can't add calendar events ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.