Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri raise to speak in iOS 8

raise to speak is no longer a selection under Settings and it's no longer working. Did they do away with this feature?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:40 PM

Looks like you are right, it's no longer in Siri settings for my iPhone 4s. The iPhone iOS 8 User Guide no longer mentions it either, but tech note iOS: Troubleshooting Siri still does, so it's hard to know if this is a bug or not.

Whatever the case it's a pain, I use it frequently.

18 replies

Sep 17, 2014 5:30 PM in response to James vdM

I think this must be right. I went into Settings/Messages and set off Raise to Listen under Audio Messages, but alas it did not bring back Siri's Raise to Speak option as I hoped it might... I used Siri Raise to Speak every day, I doubt I'll ever use audio messages, and "Hey, Siri" is pretty useless given it only works when the phone's plugged into the charger. Sigh.

Oct 15, 2014 8:40 AM in response to rgspb

I actually think this was replaced by the "Raise to Listen" feature, now that we can send and receive audio messages. If you go to Settings > Messages > Raise to Listen (near the bottom under AUDIO MESSAGES) you can tick that on and off. What's weird though is that my iPhone 5 was still able to Raise to Talk when I was in the messages app, so that when I put my phone to my ear it would let me talk out what I wanted to type. But I had to turn of Raise to Listen for this to work. Maybe it has something to do with the iPhone 5 and/or iOS 8.0...Because now I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2 and Raise to Talk doesn't work whether I have Raise to Listen on or off.

Siri raise to speak in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.