Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art gone after ios 8 update!

Hello,

I just updated to ios 8 on my iphone 5s, and all my albums arts and movie poster are gone! I also have tv series and there are only a few with the album art.

I updated itunes too (the new version compatible with ios 8) but it didn't solve the problem.

What can I do? Why I can still see some of my posters and albums art?

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 6:06 PM

This happened to me too. I even removed an album and redownloaded it from the iTunes iOS app, and it still doesn't have any album art. I'm really curious to see if anyone has a solution for this.

101 replies

Sep 18, 2014 4:06 AM in response to maria fernandafromwashington

Hey I had the same problem, iPhone 5s, ios 8, and I was able to fix it by manually deleting the songs with the missing album art from my iPhone, then syncing it with my computer (through the lightning cable). This seems to have worked for the missing album art, but I don't have any movies on my phone so I don't know if it will fix that. Good luck!

Sep 18, 2014 11:18 AM in response to maria fernandafromwashington

I finally had to restore iOS 8 on my iPhone, and then I restored from my backup. Everything is fixed now. All music synced without issue, and iTunes even seemed more stable while syncing. I guess iOS 8 didn't install correctly the first time.

My iPhone seems to be running better now too.

I'd recommend reinstalling iOS 8, if you're having trouble. It fixed all of my problems, hopefully it can fix yours too.

Album art gone after ios 8 update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.